Friday 2 July 2010

Figuring This Thing Out

I'm new to blogging on BlogSpot.  I'm not sure why, but I seem to be having some trouble getting the hang of it.  Maybe there's a bit of a learning curve...of course I felt like that about Facebook the first time I started using that, too.  So this blog is all about me playing around, trying to figure some things out.  It might be boring - my apologies.  I should also mention that I have been blogging on my website for a short time and if you're at all interested, you might consider checking it out as it's a more straight-forward and comprehensive series of blogging.  At least until I get this one fully up and running.  You can check it out at: http://www.bohemianpearl.com/.

In the meantime, here are some pics for you to check out. 
As you might guess I'm a bit of a nostalgia-phile (that's an erin-ism); I made this work last year - the imagery was inspired from a book of Kentucky Derby betting tickets from 1958.  Using an oil transfer process similar to that employed by Paul Klee, I was able to achieve an aged look. 
On a totally unrelated note (and because I want to play around with the many functions), here's an excerpt from one of my favorite poems.  I'll not reveal who or what...perhaps you know?
"Shall I part my hair behind? Do I dare to eat a peach?
I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach.
I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each.


I do not think that they will sing to me.


I have seen them riding seaward on the waves
Combing the white hair of the waves blown back
When the wind blows the water white and black.
We have lingered in the chambers of the sea
By sea-girls wreathed with seaweed red and brown
Till human voices wake us, and we drown."

Until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment