Tuesday 27 July 2010

Bittersweet.

I love chocolate.  In particular I love dark chocolate.  There's something wonderful about the warm, sweet taste wrapped up with in a slightly bitter edge.  Kind of like today.  On the plus side I was able to get a couple of my silkscreening screens exposed so I can start working on a new body of work.  On the down side, I'm not able to start printing.  Why?  Because it seems that finding a screenprinting squeegee is not quite as easy as an endeavor as one might expect.  I went into the only arts supply store that I can get to on foot, thinking "yea, they'll probably have it."  No, they don't.  They have a kit I could buy for over 70 pounds which includes way more than I need.  Which is awesome.  But I refuse to spend 70 pounds just to get a squeegee out of the deal.  So I asked the girl at the counter if they carried any separately.  And as I figured, they don't.  So I asked if they could order one for me.  Of course they can't (what is it about the sheer lack of customer service in Britain?  In America, they'd be falling over your feet to make parting with your money easy!).  So, I have to either make my own or buy one online.  And buying online will probably be the way to go.  My only issues with that are: 1) I don't want to wait and 2) it's not usually very straightforward for me to buy things online since my address is not an English one and it's a huge bother getting over the security hurdles (mind you, I'm glad they have such measures in place for my own protection but come on!  Give me a break!).

I'm trying to focus on the sweet.  I have screens.  And ink.  (Water, water everywhere and not a drop to drink).  

No comments:

Post a Comment