Saturday 13 November 2010

The Joy of Sketching

This isn't meant to be a long post, I just wanted to share some of what I've been working on in my sketchbook recently.  I've really been struggling with how I'm going to bring all of these components and ideas together into one cohesive projects.  After sketching for the greater part of a day, I decided to take a break and look at the work of some other artists so I watched some episodes of Art 21 and watched a documentary on William Kentridge.  I've been fascinated by his work for quite some time and was really inspired by something he said.  I'm going to paraphrase, but it was something to the effect of allowing ones self the freedom to do what they like as an artist instead of trying too hard to dissect it, because often when you do something out of simple enjoyment, the end result is so much better than something that's been toiled over, worked and re-worked.  And I think that's where I have to start.  So, without further ado, my sketches (there's one I really wanted to include, but I don't have the image available right now, but thought I did...so check back for an update!):

No comments:

Post a Comment